|In the digital age we often hear that a new media will soon erase the previous. Painting was supposed to be killed by photography, never happened…digital photography will displace classical techniques. NOT. It enhances, adds another medium to artists disposal and never fades away, more often than not it’s reigning beauty shines brighter…
Although I began photography many years ago, my serious pursuit of the landscape began in 2000. My interest in the landscape stems from my unabashed love of the world’s wild and natural places and my desire to preserve them.
Being in the wild and photographing helps me find peace and solitude and is my spiritual time. Growing up around the Great Lakes I’ve always been attracted to water and big skies. I now live within a few hours of the greatest of the lakes, Lake Superior, which is a constant inspiration.
Like many photographers of the natural world, I photograph at the boundaries of the day. It’s those times of day when the light and atmospheric conditions are changing and the scene becomes transcendent. Literal and metaphorical “boundaries” are the basis for much of my work, I’m drawn to the boundaries of space, time and being.
I consider myself a printer, in addition to a photographer. Although I embrace new digital technologies my heart is with traditional 100+ year old handmade wet processes such as Platinum, Palladium and Gum Dichromate. The broad and rich tonal range of the platinum process creates a unique beauty. Platinum prints are renowned for their luminous mid-tone grays, as well as their rich shadows and delicate whites. The platinum metals (platinum and palladium) are very stable, and platinum prints are perhaps the most archival process in photography.
- lnkd.in/tzJr_F Degas! What else need be said... 4 years ago
- lnkd.in/x4WXSU I am not sure if it is available in the UK, but tateside Czech emigrants use Farina as a good substitute for the... 4 years ago
- An unsung legend of Czech Photography: lnkd.in/f8AwDK 4 years ago
- Vilém Heckel a Legend of Czech Photography and The Kavkaz. lnkd.in/RZTEvz 4 years ago
- Leonor Fini Portraits lnkd.in/NRuj9C 4 years ago
- Photographer Joseph Tran lnkd.in/_892Qb 4 years ago
- lnkd.in/z4sDjz 4 years ago
- "People are hearing a lot more context than music, so perhaps I accept that I am now primarily a context maker." - Brian Eno 4 years ago
- I have just updated my Viadeo profile: viadeo.com/s/ijVQV 4 years ago
- Fashion, another aspect to Vilém Heckel”s diverse portfolio: Škoda Auto and Charlotte Sheffield Miss ... nblo.gs/FmJgu 4 years ago
- SA denial of visa to Dalai Lama is 'unlawful' lnkd.in/YxTbvR 4 years ago
- An unsung legend of Czech Photograhy, english version coming soon! vilemheckel.cz 4 years ago
- Sovena... always great posts! lnkd.in/sU2AG7 4 years ago
- super! lnkd.in/2vzk_t 4 years ago
- Photographer Camil Tulcan lnkd.in/_TcMGx 4 years ago
- Danny van Ryswyk lnkd.in/daY-Up 4 years ago
- Photography for me is a passion, a mixture of science and art that creates magic. If a day goes by without photography, it’s incomplete. … 4 years ago
- Vilém Heckel a Legend of Czech Photography lnkd.in/VDYWQ4 4 years ago
- Vilém Heckel a Legend of Czech Photography nblo.gs/F9Flq 4 years ago
- fantasti... lnkd.in/4_3RJM 4 years ago